Gen. Weights & Metric Equivalency
Mineral Insulated Cable
Small Diameter Cable
RTD/Passthrough Conductor Cable
OMP Cable & Multipoint Specifications/Information
Other Information & .pdf files
Components of MI Cable
1) Tube/Sheath - protects the thermocouple from process conditions.
- Stainless Steels: 304, 310, 316, 321, 347, and 446
- Nickel Alloys: Inconel 600, Inconel 601, Inconel 625, ix750, Incoloy 800, Incoloy 825, Monel 400, and Nickel
- Exotic alloys / Super alloys: Hastelloy X, Hastelloy C276, Haynes™ 188, Haynes™ 230, Haynes™ 556 & Haynes™ Alloy HR-160. Tantalum and Titanium also available.
2) Wire - provides EMF output corresponding to the temperature.
- Calibration/Types available include the following: J, K, T, E, N, C (Tungsten/Rhenium); Nickel/Nickel-Moly, and the platinum alloys - R, S, B and Platinel(TM).
3) Insulation - provides electrical separation between the wires. We offer High Purity (>99.4%) and Normal or "Low" Purity (>96.4%), as well as Hafnia (aka hafnia oxide or hafnium) and Aluminum Oxide in some applications.
For more complete information regarding thermocouples and mineral insulated cable, please refer to the ASTM E-230 specification or call us.